[Coco] Notest on Portal-9 and MESS

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Sat Nov 19 14:36:15 EST 2005

At 08:22 AM 11/19/2005, you wrote:
>The new CCASM works nicely with the EDTASM .logic. operators. I think I
>found one bug connected with the CCASM union. Check a private message.

Ok, I found all 3 problems:

The CCASM manual states (I think) that when using conditional statements
like IF/COND, etc. that no comment can trail the conditional expression.  I
will fix this eventually, but for now it confuses the comment for part of
the expression.

For now, unions must be defined inside of a structure in order for them to
work properly.  I'm not sure if a stand-alone union will work because it
deals with absolute addresses while embedded unions are assigned offsets
from 0 (or relative from a structure's base address).  So, branching
directly to a union address is not ideal, but possible.

CCASM procedures is not an attempt to duplicate EDTASM macros.  I haven't
implemented macros yet, although there may be some similarities.  CCASM
procedures actually generate 6809 code when needed for building a stack
frame and accessing static variables and passed parameters on the stack, etc.

--
Roger Taylor
Longview, TX