[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 07:24:14 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/12/2005 4:15:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
flexser at fiu.edu writes:

>I never heard of anyone having to replace the RAMs in order to  get 64K
operation in
 >a machine Tandy sold as 32K.

That's exactly what had to be done in at least one case:    Key-264K made
full use of the
64k environment in Basic, by adding 15 more commands.  It required  having
prime 64k
chips, not the piggybacked 32k variety.  I still have  the Key-264K program
on tape (came
on disk as well), but unfortunately the author seems to want to keep the
program out of
further circulation.  too bad for those of us who might be  interested.
Perhaps if enough
Coco-ers tried writing to the author he'd be responsive...?

For more on what Key-264k could do, check out Key Color Software  advertising
in mid-
'80s Rainbow magazines.

-ph