[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Video garbage on CoCo

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 9 07:37:42 EST 2005

CoCo 1's still show up on eBay, now and then.

As to the Tandy 1000 "project"

Toss the motherboard, and keyboard since it is not convertible to the
CoCo's input needs.  What remains would be to fabricate a way to hold
the CoCo motherboard and keyboard, while allowing access to the ports.
Then cut traces and fabricate power feeds to the disk drives.  That's
for starters off the top of my head.

In short, the only CoCo usable parts in the 1000 would be the memory
chips, once you identify them.  4x256k or 4x64k = CoCo 3, (& late CoCo
2), 1x64k = CoCo 1 & 2.

Bruce W.