[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Video garbage on CoCo

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Wed Nov 9 09:40:56 EST 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:19:12 -0800, Basil Fitze <basilf at shaw.ca> had a
flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>I just won a Tandy 1000 HX  on Ebay and wonder if it can be used a
>upgrade Coco 3.  It has the perfect keyboard and wonder if there is a
>floppy and Hard drive controller that could fit inside.  Anyone try to
>do this.
>
>Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:

Not much room inside and even less under the floppy cage.  A 3.5" hard
drive will fit in one of the floppy slots, if you remove the front
plastic cover.  As I recall, the keyboard uses a different connector
than what the coco uses.

The 720KB floppy drive in the HX, gets its power via the floppy cable.
If you use it with a coco controller, you will have to cut the floppy
cable lines going to the 5v & 12v positions.  It does have a standard
3.5" power connector.

Stephen