[Coco] $.99 CoCo 1

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Mon May 30 20:30:46 EDT 2005

At 04:45 PM 5/30/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 14:26 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> > Just as I was about to pull the plug in fear that my 16k CoCo 1 would not
> > get but 1 bid and some Ebay rookie out there would get this thing for less
> > than a buck, somebody jumped in.  Yes, the fact about these auctions is
> > that timing is a key factor and you take a gamble when you run them.
>

>All the serious collectors snipe bid in the last hour or less of the
>auction for various reasons although they may put in an early low bid to
>keep you from easily pulling or changing the auction.
>
>Gotta have faith in the near-perfect market ebay provides ;-)  You'll
>get what the market thinks a coco 1 16k is worth. The only important
>question is whether that market price is the same value you place on it,
>but you would have made that decision before you put it out there (you
>can search completed auctions for this info).
>
>-- John.

Trust me, if anybody knows about last second bidding, it's me.  I'm guilty
of getting a few things for almost nothing and laughing at the seller,
"sometimes ya win... sometimes ya don't".  Ofcourse, I've lost my arse on
some things before, so I know what to expect when I list something.  :)

--
Roger Taylor