[Coco] $.99 CoCo 1

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Mon May 30 17:45:22 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 14:26 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> Just as I was about to pull the plug in fear that my 16k CoCo 1 would not
> get but 1 bid and some Ebay rookie out there would get this thing for less
> than a buck, somebody jumped in.  Yes, the fact about these auctions is
> that timing is a key factor and you take a gamble when you run them.

All the serious collectors snipe bid in the last hour or less of the
auction for various reasons although they may put in an early low bid to
keep you from easily pulling or changing the auction.

Gotta have faith in the near-perfect market ebay provides ;-)  You'll
get what the market thinks a coco 1 16k is worth. The only important
question is whether that market price is the same value you place on it,
but you would have made that decision before you put it out there (you
can search completed auctions for this info).

-- John.