[Coco] replacing main rom

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Sat May 14 12:39:34 EDT 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005 11:21:52 +1000 "Nickolas Marentes"
<nick at launch.net.au> writes:
> I guess this is what Multi-Vue was suppose to do for OS-9 but
> then...Multi-vue sucked big time in it's original Tandy release and
> haven't been able to get the later fixed up revisions to work.
>
> Seems like you need to be an OS-9 Guru to get the latest Multi-vue
> to work
> properly which is contradictory considering it is meant to make OS-9
> easier.
> :)

FWIW, I'm currently working on some (hopefully) clear and simple
instructions for setting up Multi-Vue on a Coco hard drive and adding all
the enhancements, that I plan on posting on my website. I hope they will
be of some help to those who would like to try this. Multi-Vue running on
a hard drive under NitrOS-9 with all the enhancements is quite cool!

Be patient with me, it'll take some time for me to get the instructions
up. I've gottalotta stuff I'm working on...

As far as other issues related to this thread, I personally don't see the
need to have a GUI or even a file manager reside in ROM. Multi-Vue works
fine for me in OS-9 and Color FOG is great under RS-DOS. The only thing
I'd like to see is something incorporated into Color FOG that provides a
better way to browse all 256 drives on a hard drive under HDB-DOS, like a
Table of Contents that you can scroll up or down on, select a drive, and
then a directory of that drive pops up from which you can click on a file
and execute it.

And like I said, none of this has to reside in ROM. Just have an
AUTOEXEC.BAS program in Drive 0 of HDB-DOS that loads and executes Color
FOG. To me that's good enough.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT