[Coco] multi-sync monitor thing & DPMS ...

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 15:38:12 EDT 2005

> <<  I am going to try one more time to get you to consider adding DPMS
>  support to this thing.
>
>     The 70+ watt power consumption of a monitor will drop to <10 when in
>  standby. Given what is going on with energy prices I think it would be a
>  crime if you don't at least look into it.
>
>      I have looked into this and it can easily  be done.    Everybody's
> input will be considered...(snip)  Does anybody here see a reason we
shouldn't?

The only reasons I would say leave it out is if it would affect the final cost
by more than a few dollars or require additional wiring hassles. The more
modern standards we can incorporate into our old equipment the more useful it
stays... not to mention the cool factor when showing it off! :)

cheers,
Bob