[Coco] 2 questions:: DECB and Nitros09 questions

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:26:58 EST 2005

I can't see anything offhand about that line that should cause an ADOS
compatibility problem.  My guess would be that those patched ROM routines are
causing a conflict, rather than anything in that line itself.  He could of
course check that guess by deleting all other lines in the program (except those
referenced by line 6, which could be replaced by dummy lines), and seeing if he
still gets a syntax error when he runs the program.  A further diagnostic tool,
if a syntax error still occurs, would be to put each statement in line 6 on a
separate line to see which is causing the trouble.

Art

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Robert Emery wrote:

> > I tried the DISABLE command, but Color FOG still crashes out on install
> > with 'error 1 in line #6', so no luck there!
>
> Interesting... I suspected that Color FOG would have problems in ADOS. I'm sure
> it's possible to make it compatible, just need some guinea pigs! ;-)
>
> First, Error 1 is a Syntax error. Looking at my code, line 6 is:
>
> 6 POKE&HADEB,57:FILES 3:CLEAR1000:ONERR
GOTO980:WIDTH40:CLS5:PALETTE8,11:DIMP(2,15),R(7,10),D$(16),F$(2,5):
R$=CHR$(13):Z$="success"+R$:GOTO10