[Coco] [Color Computer] New scam on E-bay

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 20:53:19 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/26/05 7:13:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
glenvdb at hotmail.com writes:

<<
<< Hi Everyone,
<< I just wanted to inform you of a scammer on E-bay. Right now his user
<< ID is kapitan-kloss. Last week he was selling under the ID of georgep.
<< I won an X-pad and a COCo max from him. He was suspened last week of
<< bid shilling (bumping up his own auctions with the ID wojtek-akai) I e-
<< mailed him about it after I had recieved a warning from E-bay not to
<<pay him yet, and he said he was inocent, but he didn't care what e-
<< bay's rules are, he will just keep opening up new accounts. I told him
<< I would hold off paying for my auctions until e-bay sorted it out. Now
<< he is trying to sell them again in a 3 day action, hoping to get them
<< sold before e-bay pulls him again. I have alerted e-bay, and I just
<< wanted to let everyone know here, I am also watching all his auctions
<< and will inform the bidders.
<< -Glen

        Well its too late for me.   I bought a two botton mouse off him
for about $34.      I dont think he bumped up the auction because more
than two people bid on it.    Somebody bid $32 in the absolute last
minute of the auction and it looked like a classic snipper bid.
        It didn't matter to me because I set a bid max of $36 as I
really wanted it.    I have learned during my short time on Ebay
that a sniper will bid a few dollars above a nice round number
a "civilized" bidder is likely to place for his maximum bid.     So
I place a max bid a few more dollars above that.    In the above
example,  I was willing to pay a maximum bid of $30.    I set the
actual maximum to $36 to cover any snippers who might bid just
above $30.   Ain't that sneaky?   :)

     ANYWAY,   I received the mouse promptly and was going to
leave him positive feedback but I got a message from Ebay that
said his ID was no longer registered.

     So that's what happened !!!

Roy