[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 12:18:26 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/21/05 9:58:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boisy at boisypitre.com writes:

>Judging from the responses so far to my original post, it seems  that
>most are absolutely against using bit.listserv.coco.  I  think this is
>sad, because it is a resource that has existed in the  community for
>some 14 or 15 years, and old-timers getting back into  the CoCo would
>immediately go to it as a first  resort.
For me, the resource that had been around for the last 15+ years was the
Princeton email reflector, for which Dennis' List is the plug-compatible
replacement.

Remember, email access is a lot easier to come by than netnews.

>  The few close-minded individuals
>who won't even  entertain the idea of a partial migration are missing
>the point and  the big picture.  I am sorely disappointed.

Migrations historically have been from the low side of the sinking ship to
the high side, from the country with a potato famine to the one without,  etc.
Netnews is slowly dying off.  The migration should be to Dennis'  list.
--Mike K.