[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 12:18:27 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/21/05 4:01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
boisy at boisypitre.com writes:

So  you're ok with umpteen posts about the Hitchhiker's Guide movie, and
every  other off-topic posts that generates a load of traffic, but can't
tolerate  some swapping?

Umpteen?  I only counted 42 of 'em.

Give me  a break.  I would rather have to wade through ON-TOPIC posts,
no  matter how uninteresting they are, and that includes swap  posts.

Swap posts are certainly legit, IMHO, where Coco-related items are
concerned.  Many folks here have a specific need for some item, and others  have that
item gathering dust.  (Reminds me, I need to scarf up that  cassette cable I
promised ...)

I'll admit that some newsgroups (like Ham Radio ones) were getting a lot of
For Sale posts, which some other members burned up endless BW arguing  about.
What really got their (our?) goats was all the postings that just  advertised
an item on eBay.  But buying and selling and trading are a  necessary part of
the Coco Community, and should not be discouraged.  I  don't think this List
is in any danger of being swamped out by them.
--Mike K.