[Coco] Dragon ASCII save

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 12:44:27 EST 2005

On 03/16/2005 05:47 pm, Rogelio Perea wrote:
> Ward Griffiths wrote:
> > SAVE "filename",A just like with a Color Computer, an MC-10 or most other
> > 8-bit Microsoft BASICs.
>
> Mmmm, I think the MC-10 does not do ASCII CSAVEs or CLOADs... sadly, if it
> did then porting software to/from it would have made things a LOT easier
> back in those years. The special variation on CLOAD or CSAVE with the MC-10
> allows the user to load or store data files as a numerical array. The only
> program (widely distributed as far as a book goes) I ever saw making use of
> CLOAD* and CSAVE* was Bill Barden's Word Processor for the MC-10 as found
> in his book "TRS-80 Color Computer & MC-10 Programs". This mini word
> processor stored 5 full pages of text ->32x15 matrix for a total of 2,400
> bytes of storage if I recall specs correctly.

Guess my memory is more corrupted by entropy and alcohol than I thought.
Coulda swore the MC-10 had an ASCII option.  But I didn't play with them all
that much at my RSCC, since aside from my fat fingers not doing well on that
keyboard, I was having too much fun with Xenix, OS-9 and LS-DOS.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

For all the superficial parallels that can be drawn between Mssrs. Putin
and Bush, they made an oddly matched pair during their February 24
meeting in Bratislava, Slovakia. After all, it could be said, one of
them heads an increasingly authoritarian and lawless government that is
pursuing a radical vision of global revolution rooted in the teachings
of the Soviet Union's founders. The other is merely the president of the
Russian Federation.               -- William Norman Grigg, March 4, 2005