[Coco] Dragon ASCII save

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 17:47:06 EST 2005

Ward Griffiths wrote:

> SAVE "filename",A just like with a Color Computer, an MC-10 or most other
> 8-bit Microsoft BASICs.

Mmmm, I think the MC-10 does not do ASCII CSAVEs or CLOADs... sadly, if it
did then porting software to/from it would have made things a LOT easier
back in those years. The special variation on CLOAD or CSAVE with the MC-10
allows the user to load or store data files as a numerical array. The only
program (widely distributed as far as a book goes) I ever saw making use of
CLOAD* and CSAVE* was Bill Barden's Word Processor for the MC-10 as found in
his book "TRS-80 Color Computer & MC-10 Programs". This mini word processor
stored 5 full pages of text ->32x15 matrix for a total of 2,400 bytes of
storage if I recall specs correctly.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-