[Coco] Aussies & disk drives

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 11:39:36 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/14/05 12:10:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
golgotha at toughguy.net writes:

>Any  Aussies (or internationals, if it'll work on Australian power) out
>there willing to part with a 5.25 or 3.5 inch drive/controller combo?  my
>set-up has gone belly-up.

This shouldn't be too hard to find.  Only the transformer in the power
supplies need to be rewired or replaced, and maybe bigger filter caps for the 50
Hz steda 60.

The disk drive motors all run on DC and are not affected by the power line
frequency, unlike turntables and tape recorders.  So the disk drives
themselves are the same as the US versions, unless I'm overlooking  something.  --Mike
K.