[Coco] Aussies & disk drives

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Mon Mar 14 00:31:42 EST 2005

Rumor has it that David may have mentioned these words:
>Hi all,
>
>Any Aussies (or internationals, if it'll work on Australian power) out
>there willing to part with a 5.25 or 3.5 inch drive/controller combo? my
>set-up has gone belly-up.
>
>More than happy to pay reasonable price for above - Prefer standard DECB,
>although will consider others :)

I'm not sure about DECB, but I know that OS-9 had drivers for both 60Hz and
50Hz floppies -- voltages on the other hand... ;-)

>Also, anyone got a spare cassette cable? No idea where mine's gotten
>itself to, and I'm worse than pathetic when it comes to cabling my own stuff.

If no-one here has one available, you might want to check on the Tandy
Model 10x laptop list I admin - it was the same cable and I know there's at
least a few Aussies thataway... You need not be subbed to post there; but
please mention that you're not subbed and want private email replies, if
you do post:

m100 at list.30below.com

Depending on how much you're willing to spend, club100 may still have
cables in stock - they're in California, USA, but for just a cable, the
shipping might be reasonable:

http://www.club100.org/

I've known Rick nearly a decade - he's one heckuva nice guy. Tell him
"Merch" sent ya. ;-) He's supported Tandy Model 10x/200 laptops for over 20
years now...

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson