[Coco] Re: CoCo needs?

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Mon Mar 7 21:51:54 EST 2005

On 7-Mar-05, at 9:33 PM, Mark Marlette wrote:

> In the past we use to say we didn't have the hardware....Now with
> HDB-DOS, NitrOS-9 and our hardware, we need utilities and/or nice apps
> to be written. The tools are great today.

And for this to work well, we need someone to write a backend for a C
compiler. While I'm a good software developer, this isn't the kind of
work I can do easily. Hopefully someone out there has experience in
compiler backends and could do this. I know there have been others who
have suggested building a pot to have a bounty on a 6809 backend, and I
think that's the route most likely to get results.

James