[Coco] Dragon ASCII save

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 16 11:26:42 EST 2005

     Hi... I have a few games that I have permission to put on my games
website (http://nitros9.stg.net), but the only copies that people have
been able to send me are for the Dragon systems. So, I need a couple of
things:
1) Using MESS, I can load a BASIC program for the dragon from a virtual
cassette file, but I am not familiar with Dragon DOS as to how save it to
disk in ASCII format (which I could then pull off of the dsk image with
IMGTOOL and re-import it into a Coco disk image, and save the file in
converted tokenized format. Or, is there a utility for the Coco to convert
tokens from Dragon to Coco format?
2) For ML games, my understanding is that quite a few will work, but the
keyboard mappings are different. Is there a table as to how they are
mapped between the two machines? Does the Dragon use the same 7 bits of a
PIA to scan the keyboard? I may be able to patch those in the code itself,
if I knew how the mappings work.

--
L. Curtis Boyle