[Coco] Dragon ASCII save

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 11:36:32 EST 2005

On 03/16/2005 11:26 am, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>      Hi... I have a few games that I have permission to put on my games
> website (http://nitros9.stg.net), but the only copies that people have
> been able to send me are for the Dragon systems. So, I need a couple of
> things:
> 1) Using MESS, I can load a BASIC program for the dragon from a virtual
> cassette file, but I am not familiar with Dragon DOS as to how save it to
> disk in ASCII format (which I could then pull off of the dsk image with
> IMGTOOL and re-import it into a Coco disk image, and save the file in
> converted tokenized format. Or, is there a utility for the Coco to convert
> tokens from Dragon to Coco format?
> 2) For ML games, my understanding is that quite a few will work, but the
> keyboard mappings are different. Is there a table as to how they are
> mapped between the two machines? Does the Dragon use the same 7 bits of a
> PIA to scan the keyboard? I may be able to patch those in the code itself,
> if I knew how the mappings work.

SAVE "filename",A just like with a Color Computer, an MC-10 or most other
8-bit Microsoft BASICs.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

For all the superficial parallels that can be drawn between Mssrs. Putin
and Bush, they made an oddly matched pair during their February 24
meeting in Bratislava, Slovakia. After all, it could be said, one of
them heads an increasingly authoritarian and lawless government that is
pursuing a radical vision of global revolution rooted in the teachings
of the Soviet Union's founders. The other is merely the president of the
Russian Federation.               -- William Norman Grigg, March 4, 2005