[Coco] C10, C20 Certified Tape and RF Cable question

Harry M Shrigley hmshrigley at juno.com
Mon Mar 7 13:23:38 EST 2005

This is my first posting and need some helpp getting started.

I bought an MC-10 back in the eighties. Not long ago I bought the 16K RAM
memory upgrade. About a month or so I bought a Coco 2 off of e-bay. I
remembered that I had a CCR-81 somewhere in storage. At the present time
I do not have the money to invest in a disk system like on the Coco 3. My
question is, I have located a couple of certified tapes on e-bay, but in
order to use the tape recorder method of saving your programs to tape,
does the tape have to be that certified computer tape from Radio shack,
or can it be a high quality audio tape? Is there an alternative tape I
can use until I have the money to invest in a disk system.

The other question I have deals with the cable I use to hook up the
computer with the television. Right after I bought the Coco 2, I thought
I had better check it out to make sure it works. When I did, the audio
did not work and you could not change colors. But then I got to thinking,
that maybe I needed regular video cable, like RG-58. I was using the
audio cable that you use to connect up stereos, etc and I think the
difference between the cable is the audio cable the second conductor is
wrapped around the center conductor and the video cable the second
conductor is braided around the second conductor. Do I need regular video
cable for my Coco to work?