[Coco] Re: C10, C20 Certified Tape and RF Cable question

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Mar 7 13:36:38 EST 2005

> in order to use the tape recorder method of saving your programs to tape,
> does the tape have to be that certified computer tape from Radio shack,
> or can it be a high quality audio tape? Is there an alternative tape I
> can use until I have the money to invest in a disk system.

If you're using the CCR-81 any "Type 1" standard ferric-oxide (FeO) tape
(also referred to as "NORM(al) bias") should work fine (the cheapest
tape you can find :-)).

> Do I need regular video
> cable for my Coco to work?

Yes. The CoCo video signal is an RF antenna signal. You need a 75Ohm
coax antenna cable to connect it with the antenna input of your TV.

Welcome!
Torsten