[Coco] The end of the Hot Coco saga?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Jul 22 18:21:49 EDT 2005

For anyone who is considering posting the content: the main thing to
understand is that IDG *does* own the rights to Hot Coco magazine,
period. That is undisputed, and to widely redistribute copies of Hot
Coco would be extemely naughty, as well as legally risky given the
attitude of these people.

So that means, layout, artwork they created, "editor's notes" that kind
of thing: stuff they created, is totally out-of-bounds.

But where the original authors have given permission, to use the bare
content of their articles, AND you are willing to risk IDG not having
exclusive license agreements, that's where you could conceivably get
away with it.

I am not a lawyer though and I wouldn't construe anything I say as
legitimate legal advice.

-- John.