[Coco] The end of the Hot Coco saga?

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Fri Jul 22 17:37:20 EDT 2005

I do not think they have the agreements - I emailed back and forth with
Michael Nadeau a bit and he said that he was pretty sure that all the signed
documents were "trashed shortly after Hot Coco folded".

Frank Pittel made an excellent point in that they could sue anyone who gets
in their way into a state of financial ruin.  I do not have the money to
fight even a small legal battle with a corporation over this type of issue,
so I will not be republishing any Hot Coco content unless I can get my hands
on a written agreement between an author and either Wayne Green or IDG that
states that the author owns exclusive rights to the work.

The most unfortunate thing about this entire discourse was that when I asked
if gaining permission from the authors would be a good next step IDG's
representative did not discourage me, in fact she said to do so.  I think
that she thought I would be completely unsuccessful in my attempts.

Regards,
Michael Harwood