[Coco] [Color Computer] The ongoing Hot Coco saga

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:35:08 EDT 2005

Michael,

If the authors gave away their rights to IDG (or previous owners of
the magazine) then you would need IDG's permission instead of the
authors'. If the authors retained copyright of their own works, and
you have the authors' permission, I don't see how a cease and desist
from IDG could carry any weight. It all depends on those original
agreements. If IDG can't find them, then I wouldn't be too concerned
as long as the authors agree to allow you (or whoever steps up) to
republish.

Rod