[Coco] [Color Computer] The ongoing Hot Coco saga

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Jul 22 12:30:52 EDT 2005

Hmmm... they either own the copyrights to the individual works or they
do not, geez. If they don't, then they just have a license, which means
your separate license is independent of that and just as valid. If there
was some kind of exclusive contract the original author might be in
breach but then it's not you that's a target but the original author for
granting another license. If they own the copyright on the individual
works, then they should know that before refusing to give permission.

I would expect them to come up with the old contract terms or just start
to act more threatening.

Do you have a snail mail address for this person? Perhaps some names of
company executives, or members of the board? We could mount a letter
writing campaign, where we explain to them in detail about "orphaned
works" the history of the personal computer revolution, their magazines
part in it, and how that can be preserved at little to no cost to them.

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links