[Coco] [Color Computer] The ongoing Hot Coco saga

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Fri Jul 22 11:23:06 EDT 2005

For your perusal...

Regards,
Michael Harwood

  _____

From: Michael Wayne Harwood [mailto:michael at musicheadproductions.org]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 9:01 AM
To: 'miriam_karlin at idg.com'
Cc: 'howard_sholkin at idg.com'
Subject: RE: Hot Coco

Miriam,

I do not understand.  You stated originally "We cannot give permission
because we do not know what rights we obtained from the author when we first
published.", and also stated "You could try and contact the original
author.".

Based on these statements I assume that if I were to obtain permission from
the authors, which I have been fairly successful in doing, then IDG would
have no complaints surrounding our releasing articles and program code for
general consumption.  Am I correct?  If I were to scan in, OCR, and
re-publish the "Elmer's Arcade" series by Richard Ramella (which I have
obtained his specific permission to do) would I receive a cease and desist
order from IDG?

Thank you again for your time!

Regards,
Michael Harwood