[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Other WAV2CAS

Stephen Blunt sblunt at agsecorp.com
Wed Jul 20 14:21:22 EDT 2005

I was wondering about ways to clean up those lovely old tapes. I was thinking
that the following steps may help:

1. Record them to PC as .wav
2. Load the .wav into your favorite emulator.
3. Resave the file as a new .wav

Would the new .wav file, as recorded to a virtual cassette, be "clean" or
would it still suffer from the same problems as the original? If it does
produce "clean" results, wav2cas programs may work better.

>Hello.
>To convert WAV files to CAS, I have been using DC (Dragon Convert) by
>Paul Burgin, and also an emulator-based program of my own
>("casinlogger") to convert WAV files to CAS (for CoCo) format.
>
>I have recently obtained some tapes for which neither of these programs
>are giving satisfactory results.  (Let's face it, the tapes were noisy
>when they were recorded, and 21 years of sitting in someone's closet
>hasn't done them any good).
>
>Do you know where I can find another WAV-TO-CAS utility?

Yahoo! Groups Links