[Coco] [Color Computer] Requesting .pdf help...

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Mon Jul 18 20:39:02 EDT 2005

I appreciate the help!  I certainly am not trying to be callous in my
approach, but I am a bit frustrated with having to trade size for quality.
 It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't able to compare .djvu along side of it
and see the obvious differences.  I have said that OCR is not my main
goal, but knowing I can have searchable text AND an excellent looking
presentaion at a file size small enough to be able to include eveything on
a single DVD is very attractive to me.  I will keep plugging at the app
you sent me the link to...

It's also important that the DVD be as self contained as possible with
viewers (both stand alone and browser plugins) included.  There is a
free-standing java viewer that might lend itself very nicely to this
project, and a full text search (javascript based) engine that might be
nice to include as well...  In short DjVU lends itself to a VERY classy
product.

Enough rambling...

Regards,
Michael Harwood