[Coco] Multiple C compiler projects

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Jul 17 14:54:44 EDT 2005

On Jul 17, 2005, at 1:21 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 12:41 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
>
>> On Jul 17, 2005, at 12:26 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
>>

>>> Within the last week it seems we have two new initiatives (Boisy
>>> got C
>>> code for a 6809 C compiler, but I don't understand the license
>>> terms at
>>> all) and now a GCC 4.0 port.
>>>

>> There are no licensing terms.  I obtained the source and have ported
>> it to Linux and Mac OS X.
>>

> Please explain. I could take that as
>
> Public Domain, in which case no license is required
> or
> Closed source (proprietary), in which case the terms are specified by
> copyright (you as the sold copyright holder, if you give/sell me a
> copy,
> I can use that copy with the limitations and possibilities of
> copyright,
> so no license is necessarily required).
> Who owns the copyright? Radisys?

I apologize for being short on details.

By "There are no licensing terms" I meant to imply that I do not have
a license agreement in place to distribute either the source code or
the binary.  I obtained the source code through someone who shall
remain anonymous.

If there is any intent to make this available as a cross compiler,
then someone would need to write a new c.comp compiler and c.opt
optimizer, as those components, either in source or binary form,
would not be legally distribributable.

Boisy