[Coco] Multiple C compiler projects

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Jul 17 14:21:55 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 12:41 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2005, at 12:26 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> >
> > Within the last week it seems we have two new initiatives (Boisy got C
> > code for a 6809 C compiler, but I don't understand the license
> > terms at
> > all) and now a GCC 4.0 port.
>
> There are no licensing terms.  I obtained the source and have ported
> it to Linux and Mac OS X.

Please explain. I could take that as

Public Domain, in which case no license is required
or
Closed source (proprietary), in which case the terms are specified by
copyright (you as the sold copyright holder, if you give/sell me a copy,
I can use that copy with the limitations and possibilities of copyright,
so no license is necessarily required).

Who owns the copyright? Radisys?

You ported it, and you own the copyright to any changes you made, but
what is the story on the original source?

-- John.