[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Multiple C compiler projects

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Jul 17 13:41:47 EDT 2005

On Jul 17, 2005, at 12:26 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> Within the last week it seems we have two new initiatives (Boisy got C
> code for a 6809 C compiler, but I don't understand the license
> terms at
> all) and now a GCC 4.0 port.

There are no licensing terms.  I obtained the source and have ported
it to Linux and Mac OS X.  Of the pieces of the C compiler that we do
have:

- cc: there are replacement executives on rtsi that we can use
instead of Microware's.
- c.prep: we have the open source cprep19 that is actually better
than Microware's
- c.comp and c.opt: we only have the Microware versions of these
modules.
- rma: the source we have for this was written by Dave Breeding and
thus does not depend on Microware
- rlink: Tim Lindner and I are working on rlink at the moment and it
should be done soon.

I have secured permission from Carl Kreider to include his excellent
C library, so we don't even need Microware's.

So by pulling together various components, we can *mostly* wean the
tool-chain from Microware's source.  The only two components, c.comp
and c.opt, are probably the bulk of the compiler, and clean rewrites
of those would take some time.

Boisy

Yahoo! Groups Links