[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Scott Adams Adventures

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 02:18:34 EDT 2005

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "James the Animal Tamer"
<emucompboy at y...> wrote:

> Think it'd be practical to port to the MC-10?  Did I mention that I'm
> trying to out-MC-10 everyone, or was that obvious :P

Don't forget it's French cousin!!!!!

You need to port the compiler to the 6803 first (it was a 6803 right?)
but that might not be as bad as it sounds since a compiler uses a
limited portion of the instruction set.  The MC-10 doesn't support
Hi-Res either does it?  So that means 32 characters / line.

You'll need lots of RAM.  The original assembly version of adventure
required 16K and barely fit.  I know you saw how big that VZ program I
released was but the Z80 isn't as efficent with stack based languages
as the 6809... not sure about the 6803.  I think were talking about
32K here between the software and data.  With text compression and max
use of ROM calls... who knows.  But stuff like that takes time and ROM
calls kill portability.  With the standard CoCos I at least have the
option of creating a loader and using 64K.

Yahoo! Groups Links