[Coco] [Color Computer] Scott Adams Adventures

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 03:02:26 EDT 2005

Neil, you must be a mindreader.
That was the attraction for porting Scott Free.
Everything else I want to port results in one game but that brings in
a bunch.  If you look around you should find a few more converted to
the Scott Free format.

There is an interactive fiction project on the net that has an amazing
number of additional adventures but porting it's engine looked like a
bit of a stretch to fit in an 8 bit machine.  We shall see.

BTW, how many people here are fans of the old D&D type games?  I have
several of those on the list that I want to port.

As I accumulate more source code I'll port more complex stuff.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at h...>

http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXscott-adamsXgamesXscottfree.html

> 3 Items
>
> AdamsGames.zip [03-Dec-1997]
>     17 copyrighted Scott Adams adventures, plus a freely distributable
> sampler. These text adventures were commercially distributed in the
1970s
> and 1980s, but today they are distributed as Shareware. The games
have been
> converted to "ScottFree" format. Game conversion and readme file by Paul
> David Doherty.
> mysterious.tar.gz [05-Oct-1994]
>     The 11 Mysterious Adventures by Brian Howarth (1981-83),
converted to
> ScottFree format by Paul David Doherty:
>       The Golden Baton
>       The Time Machine
>       Arrow of Death Part 1 and 2
>       Escape from Pulsar 7
>       Circus
>       Feasibility Experiment
>       The Wizard of Akyrz
>       Perseus and Andromeda
>       Ten Little Indians
>       Waxworks
>       (C64 versions with line-drawing graphics can be found as
> scott-adams/games/c64/mystadv.zip; ZX Spectrum snapshots as
> games/spectrum/mystsoft.zip)
> mysterious_blorb.zip [17-Mar-2000]
>     The 11 Mysterious Adventures by Brian Howarth (1981-83),
converted to
> Blorb files (with pictures) by Evin Robertson. See mysterious.tar.gz
for a
> list of the games. Note: To play these files you need the as yet
unreleased
> Nitfol 0.6.
>
> Neil

Yahoo! Groups Links