[Coco] Re: goodie!

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Tue Jul 12 15:18:54 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <RJRTTY at aol.com>

>    It's the same here.   They keep just enough items to make the
> display look good.      Every time I go there the clerk who looks
> like the classiic "Nerd" poster from the late 70's just a little older
> wants to know if I want to buy a cell phone plan or satelite dish.
> He gives me a contemptous look when I say "no thanks, just the
> capacitor and hook-up wire please".      I think he resents small sales
> like that because he might have to order a replacement from the
> distribution center to make his display look halfway  complete
> again.
>        I only go there now when I absolutely have to and need a
> really common component on short notice.   It's really sad.

And so many items are so grossly overpriced now. I wonder if a "Dollar
Shack" would work - electronics items, everything's a dollar. It's amazing
how many items there are in regular dollar stores now.

Radio Shack Canada - now The Source vs. (Local Dollar Store)

12V alkaline battery. Pack of 2: $12.99 vs. ($1 each)

Button battery $7.99 vs. (2 for $1)

USB cables $20 to $30 vs. ($1 each)

Network cables $10 and up vs. ($1 each)

S-Video cable $30 and up vs. ($1 each)