[Coco] Re: goodie!

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 13:16:58 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/12/05 8:56:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
os9dude at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Radio Shack once was a pushing force in home and hobbyist electronics, I am
 grateful on their efforts to make the TRS-80 line come about and most
 important: the CoCo. But now, after a steady decline the stores are a
 shamble shadow of what used to be... oh well...

 Pardon my soapbox :-)

 -=[ Rogelio ]=- >>

   It's the same here.   They keep just enough items to make the
display look good.      Every time I go there the clerk who looks
like the classiic "Nerd" poster from the late 70's just a little older
wants to know if I want to buy a cell phone plan or satelite dish.
He gives me a contemptous look when I say "no thanks, just the
capacitor and hook-up wire please".      I think he resents small sales
like that because he might have to order a replacement from the
distribution center to make his display look halfway  complete
again.
       I only go there now when I absolutely have to and need a
really common component on short notice.   It's really sad.

Roy