[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Hot Coco and Color Computer Magazines

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 09:36:51 EDT 2005

As it stands now you have made reasonable attempts to ok it and they
didn't tell you no... which may or may not be a good defense if you
were ever sued for copyright infringment.

If you continue there are two possibilite responses.
Some enlightened person will say yeah, sure... whatever just because
of the age of the material.

More likely, your messages will end up going to a lawyer and you will
get a standard rejection notice just like many copyright holders send
in reguards to old software distrobution.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Michael Wayne Harwood"
<michael at m...> wrote:
> I have been emailing back and forth with both Ziff Davis (Color Computer
> Magazine) and IDG (Hot Coco) and have been amazed at their responses.
> They are both coming back to me with "We don't publish that magazine
> anymore" type answers that don't answer the question "Can we have
> permission to scan and distribute".  It seems that they don't care
one way
> or another, but I am working on getting a definitive answer.
>
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

Yahoo! Groups Links