[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Fw: Copyright

James the Animal Tamer emucompboy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 16:02:08 EDT 2005

> The key word is innovation.  Now, if anyone writes a story
involving a
> mouse, Disney will exert sufficient pressure to quash the work, and
> another promiseing author of childrens books or such will be
flipping
> burgers at McD's.

Dunno.  I liked Mrs. Frisbee and the Rats of NIMH (although the movie
based on it had a suck-big-time ending).

> Mickey Mouse should have reverted to the public domain 40 years
ago.

I'd disagree with you here.  I think the intellectual property that
is actively being used by the original owner or heir should be
retained by the owner or heir (so, no, I am not planning on writing a
Winnie The Pooh book, and I don't think you should be either).

What I'd like is for there to be a reasonable "if it's been out of
print for x years, it should become public domain" law.

Of course, I'm biased.  I have copyrighted software up for download
on my website, some of which I don't have permission for.

Yahoo! Groups Links