[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] DjVU

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Sat Jul 9 15:21:00 EDT 2005

I did look at the partners page - thanks Neil!  There's not a download
link at this point for the Document Express eval, and I wouldn't want to
use their eval for this project as I think that would violate the spirit
of why they place their eval out there.

>From my initial tests using the freeware DjVU utils I am pretty
unimpressed with my results.  The document sizes of .pdf versus .djvu is
almost exactly the same for the same quality.  I have seen some results on
the web that have much better compression ratios.  I am guessing the
commercial products do a better job in general.  If I can ever get an
evaluation version of the Document Express product I will try it out.

Regards,
Michael Harwood

Yahoo! Groups Links