[Coco] double sided disks

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 12:05:04 EDT 2005

I suspect Robert G. is right about this. If you want to Frank, you can make the
second side work as drive 1 by issuing POKE55454,65. You could actually use it
as 1 or 2 then.

Your best move though, would probably be to add a 3.5" 1.4Meg floppy drive as
the second drive, which would work as drives 1 and 3 under HDB-DOS. This makes
CoCo<->PC file transfers very easy. New 720K 3.5" disks can still be found.

I started out with a simple basic program that poked RSDOS for double sided
drives and various other patches. Eventually it evolved into Color FOG (File
Operations GUI). Wish I had started it 10 years ago.

cheers,
Bob