[Coco] double sided disks

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sun Jul 3 12:46:31 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 09:05:04AM -0700, Robert Emery wrote:
> I suspect Robert G. is right about this. If you want to Frank, you can make the
> second side work as drive 1 by issuing POKE55454,65. You could actually use it
> as 1 or 2 then.

I think in the long run I'll be better off sticking with the defaults.

> Your best move though, would probably be to add a 3.5" 1.4Meg floppy drive as
> the second drive, which would work as drives 1 and 3 under HDB-DOS. This makes
> CoCo<->PC file transfers very easy. New 720K 3.5" disks can still be found.

I've got an LS120 drive and although it doesn't work with hdb-dos it works
fine with nitros9. I'm starting to think that getting a 3.5" drive might be
a good idea. I've got drivewire for transfering files between my coco and pc.

Frank