[coco] wondering about 68k machines

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 19:06:14 EDT 2005

gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

<< -)  Yes, I've been in that boat too, finding some of my amiga stuff
 where I least expected it.  Do I care now?  No, my machine died.   >>

    I have been thinking of getting an old 68k machine like the
Amiga 500.     I always wanted a 68k machine but never got
around to getting one.     I guess I was subconciously always waiting
for a 68k based coco4 from Tandy.

         How hard is it to get hardware and software support for the Amiga
nowadays.  Would it make a good approximation to what a 68k coco4
would be or would the Atari 520 ST be a better example.    It's clock is 8 Mhz
I think?     Does that make it 4 times faster than the coco3?  Does it
"feel" 4 times faster when executing machine  code or basic?

just wondering if it would be worth the trouble...

Roy