[Coco] Regarding Copyright and the Rainbow Magazine.... thoughtless mind dribble and ramblings

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Tue Jul 5 21:02:55 EDT 2005

 I've nothing else I want to do, so I will ramble on here one this
subject... or close to it.

 Common sense prevails!!

 I studied copyright laws when I decided to sell photographs of old magazine
 ads via the internet. That's why there's nothing there that is less than
 fifty years old, and not published after 1967.

  Some things you just can't copyright or patent!

 "ideas" is the first to come to mind.

 " I though of it first!!" doesn't count.

 Don't fault the mayor for what he's told us( as we hear it second hand).

 I didn't see the original emails sent and received, so I can't make
 judgments on Lonnie's statements. However, from what I've gathered from the
 stuff posted here, I think Lonnie is just letting us know what the rules
 are. Nothing else.
 He's also very rich! You don't get that way by saying,
    "I don't need that right now. I'm doing fine"
 If I had the rights to "Rainbow Magazine", I would definitely say "YES" to
 collecting revenue from the redistribution of MY magazine.

 Dangit, I DO need the money!

  If I were rich, I might just give this one
 away because I still love my Cocos and OS-9.
 Perhaps Lonnie doesn't feel the love that we do for this machine.
 Oh, well !!
 So we pay. Not much, really.
 I will buy the CD set when it's done.I will happily pay Lonnie for his
 share of what is his.

 I remember when I got his first "Newsletter" which was posted at RatShack.
 I thought it was really cool. I had already upgraded my "Grey Case, 4K" to
 64K and had a disk controller with no ROM in it. I loaded and executed my
 "All RAM" utility and then loaded a copy of the disk ROM from cassette. Ran
 that and then I had DISK DRIVES !!  Woo Hoo!!

 Remember when Intel tried to sue one of the CPU clone mfgs for using the
 80486 nomenclature for the cloned chip?  Okay, maybe it was a different
 number. No matter what the number was Intel lost because you can't
copyright
 a number. Then there was the Pentium..

 It would seem to me that Intel should have figured that one out before they
 even filed the suit.
 Dangit! People can be silly at times.

 Like when Harley-Davidson tried to patent the "Sound" of their engines.
 DOH!

 George