[Coco] Federal Register - Orphan Works - Important - do send an email please.

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Jan 29 00:36:34 EST 2005

Do any activists/archivists keep lists of abandonware?

Perhaps it could be incorporated into a groups response.

Certainly we can come with lots of Coco abandonware. A nice long list
would make an impression.

To be legitimate though, someone would have to make a reasonable attempt
to contact the copyright holder, and fail to get a response, or find
them.

Of course there's always the possibility that we get permission, and
that's good to right?

Maybe we can organize a free-the-code drive. Go for binaries, but try to
get the source too, released under GPL, BSD or to public domain. Docs to
Creative Commons or PD. Everyone does research on, say, 3 to 5 favorite
pieces of abandonware and we aggregate the results into one response.

-- John.