[Coco] Re: A solution [Fwd: Re: test disks]

Paul T. Barton idezilla at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 14:46:05 EST 2005

--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> We need clarification from those who have
> experienced the problem. I
> think that is true for Mike but I would not
> swear to it. Perhaps you
> should solicit comments on the maltedmedia
> list.
--snipped--

I also have encountered this "non-format"
challenge. I use the latest n09
with a HD-converted floppy driver, the
older one with the main chip replaced with
an MB8877A (Fujiutsu). It fails like Mike's.
Starts a format,  then just stops at random
places. Could be 5 or 79 tracks done before
the crash, requiring a reboot. (Luckily my
ramdisk survives each time.)
I would appreciate one of these
"new" format programs as they do a better job
of formatting my older IDE drives,
better than the previous V03.02.03.

Paul T Barton
PS if any of this seems  incoherent,