[Coco] [Color Computer] My Ebay auctions

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 02:18:23 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 22:52, glenvdb wrote:

> Second, Please stop e-mailing me asking me to "Bow out" of an
> auction.

It is also against Ebay rules for anyone to warn you off of bidding on
an item. So I hope they aren't getting too hostile.

I've found that a lot of the people on the lists I read avoid bidding
against each other. We generally consider it "courtesy." That makes a
lot of sense to me from a buyer's perspective. I can see it's that's not
your policy, Glen and I have no beef with that.

However, for others, if you see my id jhoger8gue on an item, I generally
stake out an auction with a low bid. I'm usually just putting my name
there so you know I'm there, and I AM going to snipe the auction if the
price doesn't go too high beforehand.

If you see the name there, and you really want the item, let me know,
and I may back off. It doesn't bother me.

If I see your name on the auction before mine, and you have told me you
have a similar policy, then I will try to afford you some respect and
not bid on the item (snipe or otherwise) without trying to talk to you.
Glen obviously isn't going on this list by his policy, but anyone else
with similar views is welcome.

Later,

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links