[Coco] Cloud-9 Product Comments Wanted

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Wed Jan 26 22:04:49 EST 2005

At 08:39 PM 1/26/2005, you wrote:

james,

I hate traffic too but it is a fact of life.

I run the Specctra autorouter at home which is of the Cadence stock now.
I'll agree that it is the captain of autorouters. I like it, works well and
fast. When it comes to the trace crunch it works well.

Curious...When you say you route by hand. Is this for your job or what you
do at home? I can't image that hand routing is in much demand these days. I
do this for fun and won't hand route. Kind of like my Mom use to say about
not having a dishwasher. "I like to wash dishes." Well I don't mind it but
if I had a choice to do other things, washing dishes wouldn't be too high
on my fun list. Same goes with routing.......IMHO. The things I do,
SuperIDE pushed a double layer board too close to the edge, I'm fine with
the router or I buy another option license to tackle the analog/digital
separation issue, etc. I'm 41 now and have been with the coco a year or so
short of it's whole life. Don't need to grow older any faster....... :)

Mark