[Coco] Cloud-9 Product Comments Wanted

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Jan 26 21:39:07 EST 2005

Mark

I hate autorouters, they are pitifully pathetic in routing. Secondly if
you have lots or room and slow speed digital, then an autorouter is
ok.  The only decent autorouter that I have worked with is Spectra,
which is now a product of Cadence Allegro PCB tools. The old
autorouter in Allegro before they bought Spectra, was garbage. The
autorouter in Mentor Graphics was less desirable. I mean we are
talking about software packages that cost upward to $50K one time
cost with annual seat licenses of $2K per yr. They had garbage
autorouters.

james

I still prefer to route by hand. Especially RF and high speed Data.