[Coco] CoCo & CoCo OS-9 C compilers

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Jan 31 03:43:38 EST 2005

>From: KnudsenMJ at aol.com
>Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:17:41 EST

>I have a copy of that single-pass c.comp, and have used it for years
>to compile UltiMusE modules.  I agree, it isn't "better in supporting
>more features, fewer bugs, etc., but it is faster and more convenient
>to use.

Heh, I'm pretty sure you're the one I got my copy from. ;-)

So, where'd you get it?  Did Microware officially sell it at some
point?  For non-Tandy LII versions?

>And it does get around some bugs of the old two-module compiler,
>which depends on passing a lot of intermediate results via a rather
>verbose code, which makes for a slow pipeline or big intermediate
>temp file.  And debugging info on your programming errors can get
>lost in that translation.

I can see that.  I've done enough work on the insides of a compiler
that the "two modules and an intermediate file" plan always made me a
little queasy.  Obviously, it works, but it sounds ugly.

>I've sent c.comp to several requesters on this List over the years,
>as an email attachment.  If the C modules are archived somewhere, we
>can put my copy up there.

And thank you again.

>--Mike K.

Willard