[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Blank Emails

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Tue Jan 25 14:17:41 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 12:22 -0500, Robert Sherwood wrote:
> Wrong again.  I saw just as many early reports from Windows users as Linux.

That's been my point for most of this problem. Read up on it. What I was
attacking here was the fact that some people thought this was a Linux /
MacOS problem only, when it was also a Windoze problem, also.

> Furthermore, long after it was determined (at least by those of us who pay
> attention) that it wasn't specific to any one platform, people were still
> forging ahead trying to prove some sort of anti-Linux/Mac problem.

My point exactly, as stated above.

> For the record, I *have* used Linux.  I found it to be totally inadequate
> for my needs so I stopped.    (Simple processes taking much longer to run
> than Win98 on the very same computer is indeed inadequate.)  Much the same
> with the Macintosh and OS-9.

Whatever works for you. I used to work at a Mac only store, and happened
to have directed a few people to the land of the 'doze strictly because
what they wanted and what they had was better suited to the environment.
(This was before Linux became what it is now and was basically only
suited for x86 machines.)

> (Anybody ever notice how Linux users so often use derogatory terms when
> referring to Windows and it's users?)

Ever notice how this guy came on to the attack instantly and without
provocation? You are a hell of a lot more religious for Windoze than any
Linux / Mac user I know. Besides, your response was an attempt to be
derogatory towards us:

> > > (Funny how a *Windows* user is the one to figure this out)

Hence the "Get Over It" response.

-M.