[Coco] CoCo 3 prototypes.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jan 13 22:21:54 EST 2005

Al

Having been part of several design teams for electronic equiptment,
the early stages of a project are what is often known as feasiblity
study. Engineering teams build breadboards and concepts of what a
product and/or product family could look like.

I have seen a design undergo as many a three major changes due
to costs, manufacturing concerns, marketing concerns,  industrial
design concerns and/or even a higher manager exerting his will on
the product. My guess is that what you may have seen was a
concept of what the Coco 3 could have been if a design team had
sufficient budget,  free will over what the product family could have
grown to and what marketing was willing to accept and sell.

james